Hi Pauline

If you get a Freeview license (BBC i think) I believe you can opt for subtitles on all programmes that are broadcast. This is what we use at our video library in Richmond College.

Regards, Paul Smyth (Disability Officer)

---- Message from [log in to unmask]">Pauline McInnes <[log in to unmask]> at 2004-11-01 09:41:23 ------

Dear All,
I'm sure this question has been asked before and probably by me as well.
However, someone asked me about how to buy sub titled videos the other
day and how to know if they were sub titled or not.  Can anyone help out
here?  How common is sub titling on videos nowadays?

The other thing is our Learning Resource Centre does a lot of recording
of programmes and they now want to know how to record them with sub
titles.  What sort of device do we need for this?  Where do I get it and
what do we need so that students or viewers can actually see the sub
titles displayed.

Sorry if this is a really basic query, but I haven't had to do this
before.

Regards
Pauline

Pauline McInnes