(Apologies for the blank message earlier)

Sounds like one of those, "urban myths".  In more years than I care to
remember dealing with visually impaired users, I've never heard such a
comment.

What might make sense, is to watch out for the size of a web page, and
therefore the time it takes to download.

I have a product manual on my site, which is 30 A4 pages of plain text
with no pictures or illustrations, 73k in size, and according to Front
Page, takes 23 seconds to download with a 56k modem.  A table of
contents is Hyperlinked, so readers can jump quickly to a specific
section.

On the other hand, I have a 4 page topic with a picture, which is 22k of
text, but will take 15 seconds to load.

FWIW, Outlook 2003 has an "Auto-thumbnail" feature, which automatically
creates smaller pictures which can be clicked on to view the full size
picture.  This reduces the overall size of the web page itself, the
result being a faster page load.

George.