Dear colleagues,

There are still some places left at the forthcoming CLAUD Summer Conference
2004, which is being held at the University of Bath on Friday 9th July. If
you are interested in attending the conference, please send a booking form
(preferably by email), to arrive by Wednesday 23rd June.

Some information and a copy of the booking form follows.

**********

CLAUD Summer Conference 2004
Getting physical: making library buildings accessible

Claverton Campus
University of Bath
Friday 9th July 10.00 am - 4.30 pm

CLAUD is a consortium of librarians in Higher Education
networking to improve library access for disabled users in
the South and Southwest of England.  In its
well-established annual Summer Conference series, CLAUD
offers a forum for finding practical solutions to the
difficulties involved in providing truly accessible library services.
Further details of CLAUD can be found on our website:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/claud/welcome.html

Making academic library buildings accessible to users with
disabilities is a challenge for library staff.  This
Conference aims to give information and advice to all
interested parties.  The morning sessions will give an
overview of the relevant legislation, accessibility issues
in libraries and access audits.  The practical issues
arising from the morning sessions will be explored in the
afternoon workshops.

The Conference for CLAUD members only begins on
Thursday 8th with lunch, followed by the Annual General
Meeting in the Library.  The overnight accommodation
comprises en-suite rooms in Polden Court, which is within
walking distance of the Library and the conference venues.
All rooms are on the ground floor and four rooms have been
adapted for disabled residents.

If you would like to attend the Conference, please complete
the booking form:

**********

BOOKING FORM

CLAUD Summer Conference 2004
Getting physical: making library buildings accessible

Please register me as a delegate:

Title:

Full Forenames:

Surname:

Address:

Postcode:

Tel: (Day)
Tel: (Evening)

Name and position as you would like it to appear on your
conference badge:

We will endeavour to meet the access requirements of any
disabled participants.  Please indicate any access
requirements needed:

Please indicate any dietary requirements:

I will require a parking permit:

Yes
No

I will require B&B accommodation at £40:

Yes
No

CLAUD non-member fee: £60 (including lunch and
refreshments).

I enclose a cheque for:
£                  made payable to 'University of Bath'.

Please invoice:

If you wish to pay by credit card, please contact Sheila Page or
myself.  Please note that we cannot accept American Express or Diner's Club.

**********

CLAUD members only

CLAUD member fee: £90.  This includes Thursday lunch, AGM,
B&B and the Friday conference.

or

CLAUD member fee for the 9th only: £50

I enclose a cheque for
£                  made payable to 'University of Bath'.

Please invoice:

If you wish to pay by credit card, please contact Sheila Page or
myself.  Please note that we cannot accept American Express or Diner's Club.

**********

Please send completed booking form to:

Sheila Page
01225 385000