Message

www.uel.ac.uk A dynamic and ground-breaking university, UEL now has a record 17,000 students from more than 100 countries worldwide. Diverse and multicultural, it has a great sense of community and, with its new internationally acclaimed Docklands campus, UEL is a major force in the regeneration of the Thames Gateway region.

SHAPING THE FUTURE

TWO HEADS OF DEPARTMENT - STUDENT SERVICES

SALARIES C£45K + EXCELLENT BENEFITS + RELOCATION PACKAGE

Could you make a REAL difference to the prospects of 17000 students? UEL does so by developing and delivering a pioneering range of services to support the general welfare, leisure activities, academic success and employment prospects of all students, helping them to derive maximum benefit from their association with us. As a senior member of the management team, you will also contribute to a wide range of strategic and operational issues, co-ordinating service provision across all departments. Could you LEAD a major department in the UEL Student Services team?

HEAD OF STUDENT EXPERIENCE Ref. PB/D1160

Are you the outstanding and creative individual we require to help us achieve our breadth of vision for our students? The mission is to enhance their overall experience and achievement and maximise the inclusivity of every student, whatever their personal circumstances may be. With a wide remit, this role has specific management responsibility for three key service areas: Disability & Dyslexia, Sports & Recreation and the management of our Health Centres.

HEAD OF STUDENT INFORMATION, ADVICE & SUPPORT REF. PB/D1161

Is your advisory experience broad enough? This demanding role has specific responsibility for our Student Information Centres, Student Finance Unit, Counselling & Advisory Service, Mental Health Advisor and Childcare Support. The mission is to initiate, develop and manage the delivery of these information and support services, in order to significantly enhance student experience and maximise student retention.

Requirements: Applicants must have a good degree, ideally with a post-graduate qualification in education, extensive experience of working with students from diverse educational backgrounds and with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of learning styles. Alternatively, you may have gained relevant experience in a commercial, community or other non-academic environment, but will have the evident ability to relate quickly to our environment and the relevant key issues. Candidates for Head of Student Experience must have evident ability in the management and development of disability services.

Candidates to either position must have experience in budget management, external fund generation, optimisation of resources and a proven ability to increase the range and quality of student services.

For an application pack please call our consultants Phil Bacon or Gill Atkinson on 020 7636 5444, or forward a CV outlining your suitability for the post, to

Chartwell Search and Selection Ltd, 34 Queen Anne Street, London W1G 8HE email: [log in to unmask] Please quote the correct Job Ref Number.

Additional information is available on www.uel.ac.uk/vacancies. Applications made via the UEL website will be forwarded to our consultants. The closing date for applications is 25th June 2004.

We are equal opportunities employers who, owing to under representation, particularly welcomes applications from all minority ethnic groups and individuals who have a disability.