At a recent training event, we considered various consent forms and a
few points that came out were

1.      Don't outline disability - outline the relevant support being
recommended
2.      Actually list those staff / groups who may be informed
3.      If student refuses permission, put a line at the bottom such has
"if you change your mind, please contact XXX" to encourage disclosure at
a later date
4.      Keep it simple and easy for a student to understand, bearing in
mind students with mental health / learning difficulties
5.      don't make it look like a "contract" - it might put them off.

These are general comments and NOT a critique of  Jean's form.

Dr John S Conway
Principal Lecturer in soil science / Disability Officer
Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, Glos GL7 6JS
01285 652531 ext 2234  fax 01285 650219
http://www.royagcol.ac.uk/~john_conway/
<http://www.royagcol.ac.uk/~john_conway/>
email [log in to unmask] <file:///\\[log in to unmask]>