Perhaps the type and level of reaction this issue provoked is an indication
of how QAG has been received "in the shires"

I'm sure that most of us involved in the delivery of DSA related services
would welcome an examination of quality and standards with the aim of
raising our game in the interests of disabled students and all those who
support them...but perhaps the suggestion that QAG might get involved
obviously touched a few raw nerves - mine included!

We need to remember that QAG was established with representation from what
the DfES considered to be key stakeholders in the assessment process. This
suggests to me that at the very least, should QAG concern itself with other
areas of DSA support, it will need need re-constituting in order that proper
representation be achieved...QAG as it stands at present is not a
representative body in terms of say NMH Support Delivery.

I would venture that if QAG took such issues on without re-constitution at
the very least there would be some pretty strong reactions.

The Round Table seems to me to be the appropriate forum for such reviews and
developments to be aired in the first instance and rather than it dissolving
I'd have thought it should be the other way round...QAG should dis-band
having done its "good work" and the Round Table should be consolidating
itself...and now be getting ready to move on to other areas of support
needing attention.

Simon Bloor
Access SUMMIT