Here at Cheltenham Assessment Centre we provide training both at the
students homes and at the centre. We do a fair amount of training with OU
students who cannot travel to the centre and at times can live a distance in
the Welsh hills. With these students we have used the same system for
charging as assessments for the OU, which is £20 an hour travel time, 35p a
mile, and £40 an hour for the contact time, usually 2 hours. This often
amounts to between £150 -£200.  The trainers are employed by us and are
salaried at approximately £22K plus mileage rates.

Can I take the discussion a bit further and ask what cancellations charges
are made particularly at short notice when no other bookings can be made.

Val Green
Chace
01242 523567