take-away examsHello Kirsty. Hope you had a good trip back home. No policy but an understanding that the studenrt will have such type of support. The info comes via their ILP- Inclusive Learning Plans sent to departments at the beginning of the year. To be frank, if we phrase it a bit better (like you), my fear is that they would probably not allow it altoghether. Hope this helps. Hope to visit your office sometime, Andy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kirsty Mackenzie
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 1:33 PM
  Subject: take-away exams

  Hi all,

  I'd be really interested to hear what other Universities' policies/practices are on allowing dyslexic students to have the support of their Learning Support Tutor on take-away papers.

  Are they allowed support with reading and understanding the questions, with constructing their answers, or neither?

  Thanks in anticipation.

  Kirsty

  Disability Coordinator

  Student Services