Message
The college could ask him to sign an undertaking not to disclose the paper and allow him to sit some early, or you could ask the dept if he could have a separate paper (time consuming for them and the externals), or you could closet him away someway with a supervisor for the exam period (v. costly)
-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Claire Shanks
Sent: 01 April 2004 11:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Exam concession

Hi,

I wondered if someone could give me advice regarding a disabled student and specific examinations requirements.  We have a law student at a franchise college who is due to sit a number of exams in May/June.  Due to his disability, he is unable to sit exams on consecutive days and needs at least a days rest in between exams.  Unfortunately, the exams have been scheduled on consecutive days and cannot be changed at this late stage???  If the student were to sit his exams on alternative days, can anyone advise on what the college/university should do in obviously keeping him isolated from the other students whilst he is sitting the exams, as they will have sat them ahead of the student concerned.  I am at a loss at to what to advise, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

With best wishes
Claire

Disability Support Manager
Disability Support Service
University of Huddersfield
Queensgate
Huddersfield
HD1 3DH

Tel: 01484 473940
Fax: 01484 472560

---
This transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and remove it from your system. If the content of this e-mail does not relate to the business of the University of Huddersfield, then we do not endorse it and will accept no liability.