College of North West London

Learning Support Tutor                   ref: 000087a

 £18,300 - £ 31, 074

In addition to meeting the training and education needs of our surrounding communities, we are committed to excellence to continue to improve the standards of teaching and learning and (as an Investor in People) developing our own staff. That means that our staff move on and up.

You’ll be focussing on the teaching, support and assessment of students with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia), working with students one-to-one, in small groups or in class. You will be central to the learning support team so this post requires a special person. You’ll have a range of skills, including an appropriate degree and a qualification in SpLD and/or Special Education Needs to at least level 4.

You will already have a teaching qualification (Cert Ed/PGCE) or equivalent and you will have recent relevant teaching experience of students who have Dyslexia. On top of this you’ll have excellent team working, communication, organisational and administrative skills.

To request an application form and information pack, please download the information from www.CNWL.ac.uk or telephone 020 8208 5000 ext 5140, quoting the post reference number.

Closing date:17 December 2004.

earning Support £18,300 - £31,074 including London Area Allowance

Ref: 000087a