I am looking for a “mini” wireless (preferably optical) mouse. The mouse will be used by a student in various network (Microsoft Windows XP Professional) computers, with the USB port located at the rear of the case. The problem with the current mouse (‘Arianet’ optical) is that the USB receiver is only intermittently picked up. It may be due to the distance (1 metre) between the rear of the case and the student’s wheelchair table, or interference from the monitor. To overcome this I have tried putting the receiver into a USB extension cable, but the receiver is still only picked up intermittently. NB. New batteries have been used in the mouse. Is the Achilles heal of these types of mouse, the fact that they are designed for a laptop computer, where the distance between receiver and mouse is minimal? Any advice regarding an alternative “mini” wireless (preferably optical) mouse would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Jonathan White

Learner Services

South Cheshire College