Hello all,

We're developing a policy on students recording lectures, in line with the SKILL/NATFHE guidelines. We want to get students to sign up to the conditions, but it has also been suggested that individual lecturers sign something as well, to help protect the intellectual copyright of the University, not just the staff member. It could also help in cases of dispute.

Does any other institution do this? The logistics would be a nightmare. On some courses students may be taught by 50 different staff a year, some of whom could be visiting lecturers. It would be very difficult for disability staff to work out exactly who needed to sign (and how!), but a huge responsibility if left to individual students.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue Green
Disability Co-ordinator