	From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. on behalf of John Conway
	Sent: Wed 03/11/2004 09:08
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: help!

	Dear friends,

	I've just received the following email and haven't a clue where to start - my experience [and our college's] has been limited largely to learning difficulties

	"I have requested to come and visit the college for the open day.  I am currently doing an Access to Higher Education at College and am unsure as to what to do at the end of this course.

	I suffer with Bi polar mood disorder, mania.  More commonly referred to as manic depression.  Fortunately I don’t suffer with depression but I can assure you that mania can be even more frightening because the thought of dying is exciting.

	I would appreciate it very much if you could meet with me either on the open day or some other time to discuss possible help that the university could offer.  At present I find that I do not need any support but I believe that I may need some sort of support network whilst attending university"

	Any suggestions would be gratefully received
	John

	Dr John S Conway
	Principal Lecturer in Soil Science / Chair, Research Committee
	Disability Officer
	Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, Glos GL7 6JS
	01285 652531 ext 2234  fax 01285 650219
	http://www.royagcol.ac.uk/~john_conway/
	email [log in to unmask]