I thought I'd reply to all, in case anybody else was interested in the response.

"Reaching All" is an inclusive learning handbook for prisons and young offender institutions for supporting people with learning difficulties/disabilities. It was written by Skill on behalf of the DfES and is now available from the Prisoners' Learning and Skills Unit at the DfES. In addition, Skill has also drafted a 'train the trainer' toolkit for those working in prisons but this has not yet been published by the DfES. If you ask your friend to contact Skill, we could negotiate training on the handbook or take this up with the DfES.  contact Michelle at Skill on 020 7450 0631 or email [log in to unmask] and she can point you in the right direction.

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of enable
Sent: 01 June 2004 15:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Support for Community Service Orders

Hi All,

I have a freind who works with Sussex Offenders Service, with the offenders with Community Service Orders. They are having an increasing number of clients who have disabilities, and they would like training on disability issues, as well as advise on making the service more accessible to offenders with disabilities. Does anyone know of appropriate training? Can anyone provide links to other Community Service Departments with support for Disabled people? If an offender needed additional support, who would provide it and how would it be funded?

I will forward any answers or discussion to my friend.

Thanks,

Adam

------
Adam Taussik