I received the following today. Some of you may have received it
direct, if so please accept my apologies. If you can think of other
contact routes please use them.

From:                   "Geraldine Stirling"
To:                     <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Public Appointments
Date sent:              Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:29:59 +0100

Dear Dave

CABINET OFFICE RECEPTION
27TH OCTOBER 2004 12.00 – 3.00

The Cabinet Office is hosting a reception for disabled people on 27th
October.  The purpose of the reception is to advise guests on a
major new
initiative to promote opportunities for disabled people in public
appointments.

I would be grateful if you could forward copies of the enclosed
invitation
letter through your network of contacts at universities to as many
disabled
current and former students with disabilities including those with
dyslexia.
These might also include disabled members of staff at universities.

Those who participate in the programme will have the opportunity of
meeting
Cabinet Office Ministers and Dame Rennie Fritchie (Commissioner
for Public
Appointments) on the European Day of Disabled People (3rd
December) at
Church House opposite the Houses of Parliament.

Please ask them to contact us as soon as possible as the number of
places
are limited to 50 disabled people.

Yours sincerely

STEPHEN DUCKWORTH OBE PhD LRCP MRCS

Geraldine Stirling
Disability Matters Limited
The Old Dairy
Tiebridge Farm
North Houghton
Stockbridge
SO20 6LQ

Tel: 01264 811 127

David Laycock
Computer Centre for People with Disabilities
The University of Westminster
72 Great Portland Street
London W1W 7UW
voice 020 7911 5161