On 15 Jun 2004 at 15:41, E.Barakhta wrote:

> The student was definitely not thinking of a scanner because he wanted
> to have something very light/portable. (not even a laptop was good for
> this purpose). I was advised to look at the webpage:
> www.charactell.com It indicates that SoftWriting is the only product
> available which allows you to convert handwritten notes into computer
> files. It looks like scanner with special OCR is the only solution to
> the problem. By the way, what is the name of a handwriting
> confirmation tool?
>
> Regards, Ekaterina

I don’t know if these were what you were interested in but they purport allow some form of hand writing recognition all 3 attempt to do this in different ways but  form what I have read about them  they are bulky compared to a ordinary pen

Logitech io Personal Digital Pen
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=1738,contentid=6150,detail=1

Nokia SU-1B Digital Pen
http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18258,00.html

Sony Ericsson Chatpen CHA-30
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_2_3&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=9753

All 3 are in the region of £120-150 ex +VAT

Once you have got the text into a digital form conversion to a pdf should be relatively simply.

Hope this is of use

Graham Rice, Technician

Computer Centre for People with Disabilities
University of Westminster
72 Great Portland Street
London
W1W 7NH
** The Central London Access Centre **

Tel: +44 020 7915 5428
Fax: +44 020 7911 5162

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/ccpd/
only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you
must not copy or show them to anyone, nor should you take any action
based on them, other than to notify the error by replying to the sender.