As far as I can see, it's the disability caused by the effects or
complications of suffering from Diabetes that would qualify a student in
such cases.
Such qualifying complications could include visual impairment/blindness,
mobility problems caused by circulatory problems leading to loss of a limb
or part of, and so on. Diabetes is one of those conditions that affects
every part of the body, but of itself I feel the general term "Diabetes" is
not specific enough to qualify.

John Barker (type 1 diabetic)

John Barker
Disability Technology Manager