From: Katy Mann [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 25 October 2004 13:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2 Queries

1. Westminster is in the process of phasing the SITS Student Record
System. Staff have been offered forums to discuss what they would like
to be able to access as part of that package in relation to the needs of
their Dept. I have seen the SITS users list and know that a lot of
Universities have this package. I would be grateful for any feedback on
what elements of this package other Universities access and what is
useful with regard to disability issues. Also any recommendations to
take to take back to the User group would be really helpful.

2. We have strict regulations here governing submission dates for
presentations/assignments.This creates problems for students with
chronic medical conditions, who for example, my have a seizure on the
day of presentation which would affect their performance. At the moment
their only recourse is applying for EC's. At a recent meeting the idea
of Tutor discretion with regard to submission dates was raised and I
asked to find out how this works in other universities. If anyone can
share their current polices this would be useful.

Many Thanks

Katy

Katy Mann
Disability Adviser, West End
University of Westminster
CCPD
72 Great Portland Street
London W1W 7UW
Tel/Minicom:(020) 7915 5456
Fax: (020)7911 5162
Attachments:
  c:\temp\WPM$643C.PM$
------- End of forwarded message -------Katy Mann
Disability Adviser, West End
University of Westminster
CCPD
72 Great Portland Street
London W1W 7UW
Tel/Minicom:(020) 7915 5456
Fax: (020)7911 5162

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only
and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must not
copy or showthem to anyone, nor should you take any action based on
them, other than to notify the error by replying to the sender.

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and
any attachment from your computer.