From: "Turner, Paddy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: university admissions overhaul

I've been pondering the same thing, as I'm sure many others have. My worry
is that the response will be that as Unis have an
anticipatory duty under the DDA, there shouldn't be a problem. Of-course in
a perfect world this would be true, but as an argument
for the real world it is, as we all know, a non-starter.
If any representations are going to be made, this is a factor we will need
to be able to refute.
As I undertsand it, the students will still be able to have needs assessed
in a general way and therefore be well on the way to
having DSA sorted out......but even so
Paddy