I am interested in the disclosure versus confidentiality debate but also
wonder how other Universities link this with potential health and Safety
issues in relation to students who are requird to work in practice
throughout their course.
Has anyone resolved the dilemma related to who is accountable if
information is held at one level within the organisation (at the
students request) which the practice placement staff should be aware of
in order to maintain student and others safety?

Hope you can help

Ruth Glenister
Associate Head: Academic Functions
Department of Nursing
Tel:. 01772  893632
e.mail: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/23/04 11:02am >>>
Just to add that the balance needs to take into consideration that if
student's request restricting the content/ the extend of the
dissemination
of info, s/he needs to know that this may jeopardise the level of
support
provided. Ie. in the example given by Eleonor, if you cannot help the
person
inmediatelly because you have other 1000 students , that particular
student
knows that s/he may not have a case to answer if s/he decides to take
you to
court. Hope this helps, Andy