I'm sure colleagues will have informatio  to share but I think that what you
can expect will vary from subject to subject. For example, some courses such
as Maths, Engineering will involve worked examples during a session, some will
be delivered through a high proportion of group discussion / seminar style
teaching while others will lend themselves more to formal lecture style delivery.
However, I'm encouraged to find that more and more courses are providing
information / supporting notes on-line - though these are not always available
before a lecture - possibly to encourage attendance? My olfdest son said that
when he did his first degree, attendance at lectures was lower when lecturers
made tapes of lectures available in the library.
Like all things, therte is never a clear solution.

Mick Trott

In a message dated 15/04/04 16:38:12 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]