I am having difficulty searching the archives, so I am sorry if this is
a topic that has already been covered.

I have a prospective student whose preferred medium is Braille.
We have an on-site Brailler and so would be able to provide course
information, handouts and university documents etc in Braille for him. I
think this is clearly a reasonable adjustment that we would be expected
to make.
however I was wondering whether we would be expected to provide all the
course texts required in Braille too. in my previous experiences, the
responsibility has been on the student to adapt the texts themselves.
For example the DSA has provided them with a scanner with OCR or
non-medical help reading onto tape.
can anyone confirm whether this is the case, so that the student and my
staff members can be adequately prepared for the commencement of their
course.

thanks

alice

Alice Pennington
Disabilities Officer

RED Centre
University of Surrey Roehampton
Froebel College
Roehampton Lane
London
SW15 5PJ

Tel: 020 8392 3113 ext 4088
Fax: 020 8392 3735
Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

content by The University of Surrey Roehampton