Pauline

You might advise him to see an Optometrist as there's  now research to
suggest that prescribing coloured contact lenses can solve the problem.

Gillian
>>> [log in to unmask] 25/11/2004 13:08:13 >>>

Dear All,
Does anyone have experience of getting DSA for a student who is colour
blind?  In this instance all they see different shades of grey.

This particular student is doing a media arts course which is causing
him a few difficulties.  He needs to use photoshop but has trouble
telling what colours he is using and has found for example that he has
handed in assignments that were supposed to be in blue and are in
pink.

He's also finding it difficult to use the music studios as they are
colour coded.  I have suggested that maybe we could use 'bump ons'
that
felt different and make a tactile code for him.

If anyone else has any bright ideas, please let me know.

Regards
Pauline

Pauline McInnes
Disability Co-ordinator