On 16 Apr 2004 at 10:55, enable wrote:

> Yes, its still common for that (now we provide minidisks), but the
> student attended the lecture as well. Mick seems to be suggesting that
> students didn't attend when the tapes were available elsewhere. Adam
> ------ Adam Taussik Disability Officer University of Southampton

I have the "existence of recorded lectures" being used as an argument
from a student who wanted a Net Minidisc so that they could down-
load lectures from the university server. According to the student
certain lectures were held on the University server as MP3 files for
download before or after the lecture.

Alas I don't know exactly which institution or course this was, but it
sounds interesting if it is what is truly happening.

Regards
Graham Rice, Technician

Computer Centre for People with Disabilities
University of Westminster
72 Great Portland Street
London
W1W 7NH

** The Central London Access Centre **

Tel: +44 020 7915 5428
Fax: +44 020 7911 5162

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/ccpd/

only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you
must not copy or show them to anyone, nor should you take any action
based on them, other than to notify the error by replying to the sender.