 A dyslexic student has just been  to see me with regard to resit
exams she took back in August for which she received special exam
arrangements.

The nature of her course was such that she has to retake all 7
exams even though she has passed 2. She was required to take all
7 exams in 1 week. I understand this is common practice with regard
to retakes.

She is claiming that dyslexic people suffer from a vitamin B
deficiency because of maintaining concentration levels and that she
has been discriminated against under the DDA and she should not
have been expected to take all her exams in 1 week.

I am not aware of any link between Dyslexia and vitamin deficiency
and an internet search proved fruitless.  My colleague contacted the
Dyslexia Institute who said they had never heard of this either. The
student stated that her GP backs her claims.

Would be grateful if anyone has any feedback on this or knows of
any research in this area.

Thanks

Katy

Katy Mann
Disability Adviser, West End
University of Westminster
CCPD
72 Great Portland Street
London W1W 7UW
Tel/Minicom:(020) 7915 5456
Fax: (020)7911 5162

only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you
must
not copy or showthem to anyone, nor should you take any action
based on
them, other than to notify the error by replying to the sender.