I am going to make a confession: I don't gather any formal feedback from the dyslexic students who come to me for learning support (or screening). (I mean feedback on the value of what they've been offered.) At least that means that I am now in a position to design something from scratch. My first thought is of inviting people to fill in a short electronic form; although forms are bad news, at least assistive technology might be available. Recording speech would also be desirable, but clearly not if it was me doing the interviewing. Maybe provide some written prompts and offer a separate room with a recording machine - but that couldn't be anonymous. If anyone is willing to share what they do, I would be grateful. At the moment, I'm just thinking in terms of avoiding the standard paper questionnaire, but maybe I can't. David Pollak De Montfort University