From: Pauline McInnes [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 April 2004 14:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tax for notetakers

Hi all,
Does anyone know the rules about taxing notetakers pay?  WE employ
student notetakers or recent graduates and I'm not sure if they should
be getting taxed or if there is a rule about how much they can earn
before they start to be taxed.

If anyone can clear this up, I'd be very grateful, our contact in HR is
away at the moment and I have student notetakers very upset (The
University has just taken over paying some of our notetakers directly,
so this hasn't come up before).

Many thanks
Pauline McInnes

Pauline McInnes