We have a student who is a Trainee in Clinical Psychology who thinks they
might have dyslexia.  The University's Educational Psychologist uses the
WAIS III for her dyslexia assessments, however as part of this student's
course, they are themselves fully trained in how to carry out dyslexia
assessments using the WAIS III and have had experience of this on
placement.  It is my understanding (and please correct me if I am wrong!)
that if a person is expert in administering the WAIS III it will not be an
effective tool for someone to use on them for a dyslexia assessment.

Has anyone come across this problem before and if so what sort of tests did
they find were best for the dyslexia assessment?  Also is this likely to
cause any subsequent problems with the student applying for the DSA?

Lena

Lena Kloos
Disability Officer
Equality Unit