Date:    Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:38:55 +0000
From:    Robert Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Vivas for assessments

I=B9ve had an enquiry from a lecturer who is being asked to assess a student
by viva, to supplement the student=B9s essays. The student has dyslexia to a
marked degree.

The lecturer would like some help in going about this, but I find I have
nothing, apart from spontaneous educational instincts, to offer. Can anyone
point me to some considered suggestions?

Although the query relates to essays, the same question relating to
examinations is equally pressing.

Many thanks,

Robert Edwards
University of Glamorgan