At 1718 on 25 Aug 2004 I stated:-

> Sad that the DPA frequently results in individual privacy so often and
> easily becoming embroiled in focused demands and interests as
> illustrated by
> the three examples above.  Unfortunate when the ICO's office
> also, without
> challenge, seem to fall into the trap of focused interpretations.

Having found out some further information I clearly need to see through the
bizz of making a humble public apology.

The words 'without challenge' were incorrect in the context of the ICO
example given.

Clearly I have openly walked into a trap, a tireing and brutal learning
route, which also results in an identified need for some focus on my
monologue research in privacy to check for any similar issues in the
rationale there.

I therefore apologise to all those police DPO's who have been working over
time at promoting some doubt in the ICO's mind on this matter and any mess I
ahve caused in others minds.

Ian W

            All user commands can be found at : -