Sally Justice on 24 August 2004 at 12:57 said:-

> I don't know off hand how many reporters are on the DP list but just a
> word of warning Phil Batey emailed the FOI list to say

[snip]
> consultancy services! "
>
> So saying I do expect you all to please keep the discussiona and
> contributions flowing! I am still hopefull that someone form IC office
> will joint this list soon as a (known) lurker.

Nice to see more people taking an interest in DP and seeking to develop
their knowledge or stay up to date.

It would be strange not to expect reporters to keep up to date with
discussion lists on topics of interest to them via various means as it would
be not to expect any regulatory/law enforcement agencies, Politicians,
academics or any other people who have an interest.

Public life seems to exert pressure on the majority in a number of ways to
only observe rather than directly interact, as in some ways FOI makes clear
and perhaps attempts to rectify.

DP is apparently about separating public from private, but that dividing
line clearly needs to be openly public if grave misunderstandings are to be
avoided.  In my opinion the main difficulties for this group and the ICO
arise where there is a difference in the distinction created by that
division in what is private. Wide contribution to the discussions on this
list and FOI should only serve to promote that, provided of course the
spirit of any list rules are not abused.

Ian W

            All user commands can be found at : -