[log in to unmask] writes:

> Councillor has come back and wants more, itemised details for each NAMED
> user.  eg Joe Bloggs Director of X Dept paid £XXXXX for Essential User.

------------
You need to ask the councillor the purpose for him/her wanting the data.  You
need to explain that the info, covered by the DPA, can only be used for
comnpatible purposes unless the consent of each individual is obtained.  If the
councillor wants it for anything other than fraud detection (assuming a committee
of the council would have that role and this councillor has the power to act
on behalf of that committee) then it is unlikely the personal data would be
disclosed.  If the councillor is asking for purposes of finance administration,
the personal data would not be necessary and your finance dept's first
response should suffice.

Incidentally, is the particular councillor registered as a data controller?
If not,  a disclosure to them of personal data might be seen as reckless.

Ian B

Ian Buckland
Managing Director
Keep IT Legal Ltd

Please Note: The information given above does not replace or negate the need
for proper legal advice and/or representation. It is essential that you do not
rely upon any advice given without contacting your solicitor.  If you need
further explanation of any points raised please contact Keep I.T. Legal Ltd at
the address below:

55 Curbar Curve
Inkersall, Chesterfield
Derbyshire  S43 3HP