I know it's not yet Friday afternoon,  but I can feel a "rant" coming on

Unfortunately, society places a higher value on footballers and M&S
Executives, rather than paying a bit more to social workers, policemen,
teachers, firefighters, nurses .....and ......  of course
.........records managers :-)

........ but strange that we don't see low paid public sector senior
management/directors jobs advertised (salaries of £60K - £120K are
pretty much "normal")

>>> Mark Brookes <[log in to unmask]> 08/07/2004 15:15:23 >>>
The subject of how much records managers get paid is obviously I am
something I am particularly interested in as my signature suggests!

As we know with Freedom of Information and DP (among other things)
there is a real need for this role in organisations but I think there
is
another issue of supply and demand. I have heard some comment that
there
are only so many qualified records managers (post-grad) and only
several
institutions offering courses.

Therefore records managers are hard to come by with the kind of
qualifications sometimes asked for by organisations.

Kind Regards

Mark Brookes

Records Manager
CITB-ConstructionSkills
Resource Centre
Bircham Newton
Kings Lynn
Norfolk
PE31 6RH

Tel: 01485 577383
Fax: 01485 577684

addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the IS
Help Desk - [log in to unmask]

            All user commands can be found at : -

                                                                                                                This e-mail may be read by employees of the Council and is therefore not to be considered private by the recipient. The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily the views or opinions of Bracknell Forest Borough Council.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager.  Email: [log in to unmask]

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail has been swept by MailSweeper for the presence of computer viruses. Although the Council has taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free we advise that in keeping with good ICT practice the recipients should confirm this for themselves.

            All user commands can be found at : -