The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged. Please refer to the notice at the foot of this e-mail before reading any further.

FOLLOW THE FIRST TWO URLS in the list

 - <http://www.out-law.com/img/email_footerbar_b.gif>
 - <http://www.out-law.com/img/spacer.gif>

<http://www.out-law.com/php/ctt.php?id=46&url=http://www.out-law.com/php
/page.php?page_id=naomicampbellwins1083872443&area=news> Naomi Campbell
wins privacy appeal in House of Lords
By a three-to-two majority the House of Lords has upheld Naomi
Campbell's appeal in her long running breach of confidentiality and Data
Protection claim against the Daily Mirror. But the ruling said nothing
about the Data Protection Act.
06/05/2004

<http://www.out-law.com/php/ctt.php?id=46&url=http://www.out-law.com/php
/page.php?page_id=idcarddatabaseeme1083766627&area=news> ID Card
Database emerges from the shadows
Analysis of the Government proposals for a UK Identity Card, which were
published last week, has highlighted that the proposed Bill allows for
extensive records to be kept tracking an individual's use of the Card.
05/05/2004

<http://www.out-law.com/php/ctt.php?id=46&url=http://www.out-law.com/php
/page.php?page_id=sasserwormattacks1083764304&area=news> Sasser worm
attacks systems worldwide
Thousands of computers worldwide have been hit by the latest internet
worm, known as 'Sasser'. Corporate victims include Goldman Sachs and the
UK Coastguard, but smaller companies and home users are likely to be
hardest hit.
05/05/2004

<http://www.out-law.com/php/ctt.php?id=46&url=http://www.out-law.com/php
/page.php?page_id=refusingtolicense1083764090&area=news> Refusing to
license database may not be monopoly abuse, says European Court
The European Court of Justice has defined the circumstances in which a
dominant company that refuses to licence its marketing database to a
smaller rival may be abusing its position. The case may have
implications for a competition dispute between the Commission and
Microsoft.
05/05/2004

<http://www.out-law.com/php/ctt.php?id=46&url=http://www.out-law.com/php
/page.php?page_id=antiguawinsinterne1083668490&area=news> Antigua wins
internet gambling fight against US
The World Trade Organisation has upheld a report that the hard line
taken by the US on internet gambling is in breach of world trade rules.
The state of Antigua and Barbuda had complained that the stance of the
US was damaging its economy.
04/05/2004

<http://www.out-law.com/php/ctt.php?id=46&url=http://www.out-law.com/php
/page.php?page_id=googlefilesforqui1083338755&area=news> Google files
for quirky IPO, seeks .7 billion
Google ended intense media speculation yesterday by announcing it has
filed for an initial public offering, or IPO, which it has valued at .7
billion. Like the company, the IPO is somewhat unusual: shares will be
sold through an auction.
30/04/2004

<http://www.out-law.com/php/ctt.php?id=46&url=http://www.out-law.com/php
/news.php> All this week's 20 stories

Problems with links in this e-mail? See it clearly at
http://www.out-law.com/Viewer/NewsletterViewer?id=46

 - <http://www.out-law.com/img/spacer.gif>
 - <http://www.out-law.com/img/email_footerbar_b.gif>

To unsubscribe from our weekly round-up, reply with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line. We'd appreciate it if you would
include your reason for unsubscribing.

www.out-law.com

 - <http://www.out-law.com/img/email_footerbar.gif>

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet using
MessageLabs SkyScan services. For more information visit:
www.star.net.uk.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet using
MessageLabs SkyScan services. For more information visit:
www.star.net.uk.

If you have received this e-mail in error, do not use the contents of the e-mail or disclose it to any other person. Please notify us by reply, or telephone our London office on +44 (0) 20 7490 4000, and then delete the e-mail. We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and its attachments are virus-free, but you should check. Masons may monitor traffic data of both business and personal e-mails. By replying to this e-mail, you consent to Masons' monitoring the content of any e-mails you send to or receive from Masons. Masons is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business e-mail.

Masons is an international law firm with offices in London, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Brussels, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore. Further information about the firm and a list of partners are available for inspection at 30 Aylesbury Street, London EC1R 0ER or from our web site at www.masons.com. Each of our offices is regulated by the relevant local law society.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet using MessageLabs SkyScan services. For more information visit: www.star.net.uk.

            All user commands can be found at : -