From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
Sent: 07 October 2004 08:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Webcasts

writes:

> I know from work with CCTV that there is "no expectation of privacy in

> a public place". So, a relevant question would be "is a public meeting

> a public place". I think the answer has to be "yes", which would lead
> to the conclusion that if you attend a public meeting you have no
> expectation of privacy.
>
> Or is there a flaw in that line of thinking ?

-------

I'm afraid there is.  Remember the case of the man attempting suicide in
a public place, caught on CCTV?  Remember the result?

Ian B

Ian Buckland
Managing Director
Keep IT Legal Ltd

Please Note: The information given above does not replace or negate the
need for proper legal advice and/or representation. It is essential that
you do not rely upon any advice given without contacting your solicitor.
If you need further explanation of any points raised please contact Keep
I.T. Legal Ltd at the address below:

55 Curbar Curve
Inkersall, Chesterfield
Derbyshire  S43 3HP
(Reg 3822335)
Tel: 01246 473999
Fax: 01246 470742
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.keepitlegal.co.uk

            All user commands can be found at : -

The information in this email is confidential and is meant solely for
the intended recipients. The information contained in this email may
not be the views of Perth & Kinross Council. It is possible for email
to be falsified and the sender cannot be held responsible for the
integrity of the information contained in it.
If you have received this email in error, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately and delete this email.

            All user commands can be found at : -