***** This email was sent via the INTERNET *****

Exactly..............the person is aware of the letter as one had gone to the actual company who they were employed by and was made aware of it and has also been made aware of one being sent here and knows the identity of the anonymous writer.  I would imagine that if the letter was anonymous we would not have been able to inform the individual that their letter may be disclosed but if details such as this were being said about myself, I am b*oody sure that I would not only want a record made of the fact that it was totally untrue and had been investigated or even all record being deleted.  Just goes to show - moral of this story - don't fall out with your partners/even neighbours!!!!

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Tim Trent [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   01 October 2004 14:44
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        Re: Access Request .........a Friday one....... ....

        ***** This email was received from the INTERNET *****

        One has to look, here at several aspects.  I am going to play devil's
        advocate, since it is Friday.

        When the person lodged the complaint were they made aware that their letter
        of complaint might be passed in whole or in part to the person complained
        of, and if so under what circumstances?  I do know that by removing their
        perosnal details it might be argued that the data passed was insufficient to
        identify a loving individual, but one might also argue that, even with
        identity expunged, the content of the letter might of itself identify the
        writer!  Now the person complained of is a third party, so passing that data
        to the third party might well be inappropriate for solely that reason.

        Let us assume you choose not to disclose.  Who is being protected by non
        disclosure and why is that protection warranted, and what are they being
        protected against?  Is there a fisticuff likely to take place?  In which
        case, ignoring who is in the right totally, is it lawful to disclose
        "knowing" that a fisticuff might well ensue?

        I think I might take the entire 40 days to disclose it, you know.  And bring
        forward whatever hearing is to happen to be in that timeframe too.

        Or, more reasonably, I would delegate this to my lawyer.