The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged. Please refer to the notice at the foot of this e-mail before reading any further.

If interested in a booking form just reply to this e-mail

DATA PROTECTION UPDATE SESSIONS IN LONDON, GLASGOW AND MANCHESTER (September 13, 17 & 20)

Our update/newsletter subscriber sessions provide delegates with an informal opportunity to keep up-to-date with current developments in data protection and to exchange views and experiences with colleagues working in this field and Masons' data protection experts. The agenda allows time for you to raise questions/issues important to you. If you already are a Data Protection & Privacy Practice newsletter subscriber, the cost of attending an update session is £250 plus VAT per delegate; if you are not a subscriber, the cost is £320 plus VAT per delegate.

SESSION AGENDA

1.	Data Protection Roundup including OIC Annual Report, Government proposals for ID Cards, Bichard, Children's Bill, Civil Contingencies Bill, Durant and the EU complaint to the UK re Data Protection Act; Credit Referencing - the brave new deal?

2.	Durant - eight months on and no wiser? Discussion on the practical implications of the case; requests of access to employee manual information; implications for FOI etc etc

3.	Law Report  - MDU v Johnson, Pal v GMC, House of Lords - Naomi Campbell, Marper etc

4.	FOI Act Update - (In Glasgow, this session will be FOI (Scotland) Act update) and  DIRECTIVE 2003/98/EC on the re-use of public sector information

5.	Marketing update - ASA cases; SPAM, USA legislation

6.	Data Protection Panel - an opportunity for you to raise issues.
Note: Masons may change the agenda to include any important and topical data protection issue which arises after the date of printing but before the meeting.

Dr. C.N.M. Pounder

Consultant & Editor of Data Protection & Privacy Practice
Information & Technology Group
Masons - International Law Firm
DDI: +44(0)20 7490 6605
Fax: +44(0)20 7490 2545
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Post-mail: 30 Aylesbury Street, London EC1R 0ER, UK
www.masons.com
www.out-law.com

We are delighted to announce that Masons has been shortlisted for recognition in this year's LOTIES Awards (Legal Office Technology Innovation Awards).The annual awards are organised by In Brief Magazine. We would be grateful if you would take five minutes to vote for us!

Voting closes on 22nd October. Please visit
www.masons.com/php/page.php?page_id=eloties4400 for further details

If you have received this e-mail in error, do not use the contents of the e-mail or disclose it to any other person. Please notify us by reply, or telephone our London office on +44 (0) 20 7490 4000, and then delete the e-mail. We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and its attachments are virus-free, but you should check. Masons may monitor traffic data of both business and personal e-mails. By replying to this e-mail, you consent to Masons' monitoring the content of any e-mails you send to or receive from Masons. Masons is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business e-mail.

Masons is an international law firm with offices in London, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Brussels, Hong Kong and Shanghai. Further information about the firm and a list of partners are available for inspection at 30 Aylesbury Street, London EC1R 0ER or from our web site at www.masons.com. Each of our offices is regulated by the relevant local law society.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet using MessageLabs SkyScan services. For more information visit: www.star.net.uk.

            All user commands can be found at : -