I thought the following stats would be useful for members
Country Subscribers
* ------- -----------
* Argentina 1
* Australia 1
* Canada 2
* Germany 2
* Great Britain 635
* Ireland 1
* Israel 1
* Italy 1
* Malta 1
* Netherlands 1
* Norway 2
* Poland 1
* Portugal 1
* Sweden 1
* Total number of users subscribed to the list: 810

I don't know off hand how many reporters are on the DP list but just a
word of warning Phil Batey emailed the FOI list to say

"In the spirit of openness and free information, I want to make clear
that I've been quite openly "lurking" on this list for months. It is
after all an open forum, and the threads are all publicly available on
the internet for anyone to see.

Sadly my presence has not produced any front page stories (or any at all), but it has helped me to be as informed as possible about freedom of information issues.
If there is a backlash against my presence, I'll happily remove myself from the list, but you'll have to make it a closed forum if you don't want anyone to check the threads on the web now and again.
Regards,
Phil Baty
Chief reporter, The Times Higher"

As Clare Coyne of  bristol said
"I don't know whether there are journalists lurking on this mailbase (bet
they're bored if they are), but it would be worth remembering that they
might be. So I guess that if you are posting to the list bear, in mind that
your comments could be on the front page of next week's THES and you may
well receive a P45 to add to the piles of junk mail about conferences and
consultancy services! "

So saying I do expect you all to please keep the discussiona and
contributions flowing! I am still hopefull that someone form IC office
will joint this list soon as a (known) lurker.

Regards
Sally

--
Sally Justice
Computer Services

--
Sally Justice
JANET/Internet Web Manager
London South Bank University
Borough Road
London SE1 0AA
Tel: 020 7815 6509 |   lsbu.ac.uk/services/

            All user commands can be found at : -