[log in to unmask] writes:

> I don't really see why the IC needs this legislation to challenge terms or
> policies "which would be in Breach of DPA principles" anyway - if there's a
> clear breach of the DPA, why go chasing after a tenuous argument based on
> UCTA?

---------
Probably because some employers are now putting terms in employment contracts
to give them "legitimacy" in repect of the monitoring - particularly in
respect of a Schedule 2 condition.  Oops, I mean "the employer has to identify a
condition from those listed in a certain section of the Act, failure to do so
would mean the processing is illegal."  (Will the OIC actually tell us the new
phrases to use?)

Ian B

Ian Buckland
Managing Director
Keep IT Legal Ltd

Please Note: The information given above does not replace or negate the need
for proper legal advice and/or representation. It is essential that you do not
rely upon any advice given without contacting your solicitor.  If you need
further explanation of any points raised please contact Keep I.T. Legal Ltd at
the address below:

55 Curbar Curve
Inkersall, Chesterfield
Derbyshire  S43 3HP