From: "Gerry Dane" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 4:06 PM
Subject: [data-protection] FW: [data-protection] Ill judged comments

Dear All,

Thanks for responses. I've received further clarification from the OIC
in respect of Part II 7 (1)(c)(ii) - Apparently it is to be read as: If
the personal data comes from outside of the organisation then we need to
disclose the source (if we know it), if the personal data is internal to
the organisation then we do not have to disclose the source other than
at organisation level (ie in this case, the source is the University, no
further drill-down is required???).

Gerry.