DP quick opinion burst

I thought I should give my father a gift subscription to a car magazine
for Christmas, very kind of me I know. I don't want to debate whether it
is too early for thinking about Christmas or whether a car magazine is a
good idea!!

Is there any particular obligation or considerations on the data
controllers with regards to holding my father's data or anyone else's
data in these instances. I could give a gift subscription to anyone and
pass over their name and address to the publishers without those people
knowing.

I noticed on this particular magazine there was an opt out box (another
debate for another time) for marketing but no reference to this or
anything else relating to the retention of the gift subscribers
details.

I'm sure most people would not have any issues with a gift subscription
to a magazine but I am thinking there are DP issues here?

....or should I worry more about what better things I can get as a
gift!!

Mark

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the IS Help Desk - [log in to unmask]

            All user commands can be found at : -