In message <[log in to unmask]>,
J.S.M.Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> writes
>The Account is only unique within the context of the domain.
>There is little meaning to the account separate from the domain.  (At least
>in the context of its being an email address.)

But there might still be enough data to identify people.

For example, there's a group of people I belong to who correspond by
emails with large cc lists, which is fine except when someone does what
happened last week and sends an email to a subset of the group
complaining about their non-compliance with an earlier admin request.

(I was one of those accused of non-compliance, falsely as it happens!)

Now, even if the cc list had just been first-names, I would have been
able to work out which of the 50 odd people it referred to (mainly from
memory, but also by comparing with earlier emails and minutes of
meetings etc).

Of course, the email I'm referring to is probably a serious breach of
confidentiality, let alone DPA. And came from a government department.
Someone is going to get their leg pulled over that.

--
Roland Perry

            All user commands can be found at : -