From: Joanna Diamantopoulos [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 January 2004 17:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] photos in exhibitions

Can anyone help me with this one.  We have a 'streets of croydon'photo
exhibition on at the moment and some of the photographers were commissioned
to take these photos.  the proviso was that as far as was possible they get
the consent of whoever they took, which they said they had.  anyway to cut
a long story short,a photo was taken of a couple who were recently married
and standing in front of the registry office, went to the exhibition and
were upset that their photo was included as they had no knowledge of it
being taken.  it was taken down, but now the photographer is angry and
wants it put back up.  i was wondering whether this is along the same lines
as the pharmacist taking the photo of the intruders as outlined in the
article printed in the sun. all thoughts appreciated.

joanna diamantopoulos
data protection officer

            All user commands can be found at : -

Important Information
This e-mail constitutes a confidential communication and is
subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately. You should not use
or copy it for any purpose, nor disclose it to any other
person.

            All user commands can be found at : -