What is the current situation on providing personal data for statistics or
has Durant chnged this as well ?

One of our departments (Community Care) needs to produce performance
indicators and needs lists of peoples names and the service they are
receiving. They tell me they need the names to avoid duplication of the
inclusion of their name for various services. Whilst I am aware of the
exemption for research,statistics etc I feel that this is also a sensitive
area ie Alarms, disabled aids, meals on wheels etc. People may suffer
distress if people find out that they are receiving care in the home and
this then invalidates the exemption for statistics.

Could I say yes to supplying the names with the proviso that following the
statistical work the personal data is destroyed ?

What views does anyone else have.

            All user commands can be found at : -