Hi

As with Tim, I participate on other listservs and  ironically, I too
received an e-mail .  I ignored it once again.

I have cautioned against allowing this type of intrusion into my personal
computer.  The US, of course does not have the data protection laws that
permeate Europe.
In California, social networking software of this type is getting a lot of
press, play and believe it or not, venture capital. California strives to
make positive changes to their privacy laws which are eventually superseded
by the US more ineffective legislation.

Such products as Friendster, Friendzy, LinkedIn and Ryze all have different
type of privacy policies.  Most of these companies are gearing their
products to specific users of perhaps one country, thought the copyright
agent for Ryze is located in our favorite Guernsey.

Users of these systems use them to make friends, and in some cases make
contacts at companies at which they are looking for work, in this still
struggling economy.  Article in all the rage ezines attest to the success
of this type of networking.

If these companies were aware of the various international laws they are
subject to, they might alter their business plan accordingly.  If these
companies realized that contacts collected could include international
participants, then a change of operations is in order.

These are all start-ups, that said, they still operate in the real world
and are subject to the laws of the real world, all of it.

By joining a user consents to this intrusion, but does that make it legal
to send e-mails to that person's contacts?
is this considered UCE under the US CAN-SPAM Act.

Ok thoughts from this side of the world.

Saundra

            All user commands can be found at : -