>That attitude doesn't work, because there's an inequality of arms.
>People like that (which often include local councils) will happily send
>you a 7 day letter by 2nd class post, and take action when ignored.

Maybe - but I can be an evil, awkward beggar when not at work :-)

>Of course, they say they are "too busy". But you and I can't get away
>with being "too busy" to pay, even if we are.

Even at my maturing age I believe that most people - both public and
private sector - are trying to do a good job. However, in my many years in
IT I saw too many pople who are keen to "e" everything in sight not
bothering to think the job through and, consequently, implementing
inadequate systems. And, of course, being "too busy" is not a reason for
breaching the DPA or any other statute.

There's a pensioner couple only a few miles from here that have had all
sorts of trouble with TfL over an incident such as this where they had been
nowhere near London. If my snipe at TfL gets them to take stock for 5
minutes maybe it will be worth it.

Graham

            All user commands can be found at : -