>Re the HRA the operative question is 'his
> correspondence'  If applying to emails does the term 'his correspondence'
> imply the email owner is the author as employee
> not the employer?

If an employee writes an e-mail in a work capacity, it's not  'his
correspondence'. However if the employer allows private use of e-mail (and I
think that would include tacit permission when a formal policy says
something else), I would suggest that private messages would be. The
employer can still interfere (because Art 8.2 would seemingly allow a court
or tribunal to interfere by allowing employers to do so where that is to
protect rights and freedoms of others or health or morals).

>Re 2 Point taken re the potential for continued dispute re the level of
> court decision made in. Do you have the case name? Re the UTC Contract
> Regulations 1999 one of your observations being why does the OIC need the
> powers afforded to the Qulaifying bodies give he has the principles. Isn't
> this due to the fact that a failure to follow a principle is not a proven
> DPA breach until an enforcement notice served and not followed. An
> enforcement can also be challenged by a controller if they so choose
> delaying enforcement. Is there such a challenge possible if the powers of
> Qualifying body is exercised under UCTR 1999?

Yikes, I've got too much work to do to get into untangling that for fun!

Paul

            All user commands can be found at : -