From: Fortran 90 List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf
Of Richard E Maine
Sent: Wednesday, 1 December 2004 2:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: F2003 has been published

On Nov 30, 2004, at 4:21 AM, John Reid wrote:

> The failure to communicate with me or Richard Maine is extremely
> annoying. Many
> thanks, David, for telling me about it.

Yep. My guess was correct - that I'd first hear about it when someone
happened to notice it in an ISO catalog. In fact, I first heard in
comp.lang.fortran.  I saw Dan's post there (citing John) about a minute
before I saw John's email to this list.

Now to figure out exactly what the standard looks like (since they
haven't told me) so that I can make a base document for committee work
that actually matches it. Not that the proposed changes were
significant (as I'm sure you know, John - in fact none of them actually
change a single word of text), but I'd still like to have the internal
base document "right" (meaning that it matches the published one), or
at least as close to it as practical.

(And then I'll be free to update the OS on the box I was building the
drafts on. For a while I've been in a strict configuration control mode
of not changing anything at all until the standard was published.
Didn't want to find that a version update of some software involved
caused undesirable changes that didn't get noticed because it was so
last-minute.)

--
Richard Maine                |  Good judgment comes from experience;
[log in to unmask]       |  experience comes from bad judgment.
                             |        -- Mark Twain

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.