--On Wednesday, May 26, 2004 9:13 AM -0700 Catherine Moroney
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> f90-1015 f90: ERROR SUB2, File = test.f90, Line = 24, Column = 24
>   Local-name "A1" must only be referenced once in a rename-list in this
> scope.

> The problem happens when I try to use the USE CONSTANTS,  ONLY:  A1=>A,
> B1=>B
> statement for a second routine in the same module.
>
> Is this legal F90?

Yes.  This is "clearly" a compiler bug.  The two USE statements are not
in the same scope and should have no effect at all on each other.  Note
the "in this scope" part of the error message.  If the two USEs were
actually in the same scope, then the compiler would be correct...but
they aren't and it isn't.

--
Richard Maine                |  Good judgment comes from experience;
[log in to unmask]       |  experience comes from bad judgment.