Dear Colleagues,

I need some help.  I am trying to make sure that my data on the location
of heterodox economists is correct and up-to-date.  Could you look at
the list below and do a couple of things:

1.                   make sure that your name is included for the
correct universities and time periods.

2.                   see if I have made any mistakes with regard to your
department/institution with regard to other heterodox economists

3.                   to be marked as an E (for economist) you need to be
involved in undergraduate and/or post-graduate degrees in economics

If you have any questions please e-mail me-and please point out any
mistakes I have made.  I will be using this material in my presentation
at the AHE Conference in Leeds in two weeks-so your response ASAP is
most welcome.

Fred

Location Heterodox Economists U.K. Universities and other Higher
Education Institutions

that Provide Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Degrees and Instruction in

Economics, 1996 - 2003

UNIVERSITY/ECONOMIST

2001 RAE RANKING

2002 - 03

1996-2000

London School of Economics

5*

M. Desai

University College London

5*

V. Chick

G. Ive

Warwick

5*

K. Cowling

Birkbeck

5

F. Guy

J. Michie

Cambridge

5

M. Baddeley

H. Change

K. Coutts

J. Eatwell

G. Harcourt

G. Hodgson

K. Humphries

M. Kitson

C. Lawson

T. Lawson

J. McCombie

P. Nolan

J. Palma

C. Pitelis

J. Runde

A. Shipman

H. Sutherland

J. Wells

S. Wilkinson

Oxford

5

J. Forder

A. Glyn

M. Sako

J. Toye

O. R. Darbishire

Queen Mary

5

B. Corry

J. Grahl

S. Mohun

York

5

W. Jackson

East Anglia

4

S. Hargreaves-Heap

J. Mehta

C. Starmer

Kent

4

M. Leon-Ledesma

T. Thirlwall

Manchester

4

P. Devine

W. Olsen

H. Ozanne

D. Young

B. Walters

Newcastle

4

J. Wheelock

Glasgow

4

F. Hay

Stirling

4

S. Dow

B. Loasby

Strathclyde

4

N. Kay

R. Sandilands

Swansea

4

L. Mainwaring

City

3

A. Denis

East London

3

P. Arestis

I. Biefang

A. Brown

M. De Angelis

C. Fuller

M. Glickman

P. Howells

M. Marshall

London Guildhall

3

G. Hadjimatheou

N. Sarantis

Manchester Metropolitan

3

K. Gibbard

J. Kemp

T. Ndhlove

B. Philp

I. Steedman

J. Tomkins

J. Vint

G. Zis

Northumbria

3

P. Wynarczyk

Sheffield

3

M. Dietrich

J. Perraton

A. Tylecote

Surrey

3

D. Reisman

Aberdeen

3

J. Finch

R. McMaster

Bath

Not Ranked

D. Collard

T. Subasat

A. Winnett

Bradford

Not Ranked

M. Baimbridge

F. Hutchinson

W. Olsen

B. Burkitt

Central Lancashire

Not Ranked

P. Whyman

De Montfort

Not Ranked

F. Lee

S. Parsons

M. Williams

S. Pratten

S. Fleetwood

S. Pashkoff

P. Riach

J. Pheby

Glasgow Caledonian

Not Ranked

A. Dow

A. Hutton

M. Keaney

Greenwich

Not Ranked

R. Ayers

A. Freeman

Heriot-Watt

Not Ranked

D. Mair

Hertfordshire

Not Ranked

S. Barrientos

G. Hodgson

Kingston

Not Ranked

P. Auerbach

S. Daniel

N. Sarantus

Lancaster

Not Ranked

S. Fleetwood

D. Sapsford

G. Steele

Leeds

Not Ranked

A. Brown

G. Fontana

J. Hillard

S. Kayatekin

H. Radice

M. Sawyer

D. Spencer

Leeds Metropolitan

Not Ranked

K. Petrick

B. Sheehan

Middlesex

Not Ranked

V. Allsopp

A. Brown

J. Dunne

E. Paligins

D. Saal

North London

Not Ranked

F. Brouwer

J. Grahl

P. Lysandrou

Nottingham Trent

Not Ranked

D. Harvie

B. Philp

G. Slater

Open

Not Ranked

N. Costello

G. Dawson

S. Himmelweit

J. Mehta

G. Thompson

A. Trigg

Oxford Brookes

Not Ranked

J. Piggott

H. Sezer

Paisley

Not Ranked

J. Foster

G. Whittam

Plymouth

Not Ranked

None

None

A. Ward

Queen's Belfast

Not Ranked

R. Hilliard

C. Pendergast

M. Sheehan

School of Oriental and African Studies

S. Blankenburg

B. Fine

L. Harris

A. Saad Filho

J. Weeks

C. Lapavitas

South Bank

Not Ranked

P. Arestis

G. Ietto-Gillies

A. Saad Filho

J. Toporowski

Staffordshire

P. Downward

S. Dunn

I. Hashi

P. Reynolds

I. Seyf

U. of West of England

K. Bruce

P. Dunne

G. Mahony

A. Mearman

N. Kaul

P. Howell

I. Biefang

E. Fullbrook

S. Perlo-Freeman

Location:  E - Economics and O-Other which includes Business and
Management, Built Environment, Social Policy, and other departments.